Not sure if your deposit is protected with mydeposits Scotland?
Just enter these details below:
- rental postcode
- tenant’s surname
- month and year tenancy started
We will check the mydeposits Scotland database to see if your deposit is protected with the mydeposits Scotland scheme. Results are displayed instantly.
Please note: The deposit protection legislation is retrospective, meaning it applies to existing deposits as well as future deposits taken.
There are different deadlines for when your landlord/agent must lodge your deposit for protection that depend on when the deposit was received.
What if the search doesn't find your deposit?
If our search fails to find a deposit protection, it does not necessarily mean that your deposit is not protected.
- Your deposit may be protected with another scheme.
- You, or your landlord/agent, may have entered the details incorrectly. Please check and enter them again.
- Your deposit may not have been processed yet by mydeposits Scotland
- Your landlord/agent is not required to lodge your deposit for protection yet.
We recommend that you contact your landlord/agent and raise any concerns with them.